Want to share multicultural information with the UNCG community?
Just inside the entrance to the Multicultural Resource Center on the lower level of the Elliott University Center is a large-screen monitor with a rolling display of announcements highlighting upcoming multicultural events and special information of interest on the UNCG campus. The Office of Multicultural Affairs invites all UNCG departments and student groups to take advantage of this free promotional opportunity to help get the word out about your own multicultural information. We’re looking to publicize announcements and events which promote, foster and encourage respect and meaningful inter-cultural and cross-cultural understanding and appreciation of similarities and differences.
Throughout the year, the Office of Multicultural Affairs celebrates multicultural themes including (but not limited to) Southern Culture, Human Rights, LGBTQ Awareness, Hispanic Heritage, Native American Heritage, Spirituality, Social Justice, African American/Black Heritage, Women’s History, and Asian Pacific Islander Heritage. You can help us bring awareness to these themes and more by having your own special information or event highlighted in the Multicultural Resource Center. We know there’s always a lot happening on campus that underscores UNCG’s commitment to diversity. We’d like to bring news of it all together in the MRC — the perfect campus spot to find out about everything multicultural!
If you have multicultural information that you would like to have displayed on the multicultural event monitor, email your information to our office or send a flyer with the details through campus mail to us. We will use the information to create an eye-catching announcement of your event for the display.
- Only UNCG affiliated departments and student organizations may submit a request to have an announcement or event advertised via the Multicultural Resource Center’s display system.
- New announcements will be added to the display on Monday mornings. Requests submitted by the end of the day on Wednesday of any week will be reviewed and, if confirmed as appropriate for the message board, will be worked up graphically and ready to add to the display board the following Monday (or on the Monday specified on the form below).
- The Office of Multicultural Affairs will confirm the status of your request within 3 business days of the receipt of your submission.
- Your submission is not official until you have received confirmation.
- Each announcement or event to be considered must be submitted on a separate form.
- There is no limit to the number of requests a department or organization can submit.
The sponsoring department/organization is responsible for the accuracy of the content of the information to be displayed. If changes to the originally submitted form must be made due to extenuating circumstances, we will update the announcement if possible.