All Safe Zone members must be certified at an initial training session on topics that pertain to challenges faced by those within the LGBTQ community as well as issues faced by those willing to be allies. Upon completion of the initial training session, members will receive a SafeZone pin as well as a Safe Zone decal that can be prominently displayed to indicate membership.
Lunch and Learns and other Programming help reinforce the initial training, launch new ideas, discuss areas of concern and formulate solutions.
Safe Zone Training Dates Fall 2014
- Friday, October 24, 2014, 9:30 am-11:30 pm, Student Health Services, Wellness Center Training Room (Student Training)
- Friday, October 31, 2014, 9:30 am-12:30 pm, Student Health Services, Wellness Center Training Room (Faculty/Staff Training)
**20 spots in each training. More than 20 participants will be placed on a wait list**
Please copy and paste links below:
Lunch And Learn
Lunch and Learns is the continuation of SafeZone training. Individuals who have been Safe Zoned trained are strongly encouraged to come to the Lunch and Learns. Bring your own lunch and join us for innovative thought provoking discussions!
Lunch And Learn Dates Fall 2014
- “Queer Deaf Culture” Tuesday, September 9, 2014, 12:30-1:30 pm,Virginia Dare Room, Alumni House
- “Mental Health,” Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 12:30-1:30 pm, Virginia Dare Room, Alumni House
- “Sexual Violence in the LGBTQ community,” Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 12:30-1:30 pm, Virginia Dare Room, Alumni House
- “Queer and Gender Non-Conforming Women in the Bible,” Tuesday, November 11, 2014, 12:30-1:30 pm, Virginia Dare Room, Alumni House